The Calm

On September 13, 2019 Jeremy Dewitte and his attorney Amir A. Ladan casually walked into Windermere Police Department for an interview. On September 7, 2019 Jeremy Dewitte was arrested in Windermere, Florida and charged with resisting arrest, unlawful use of a two-way communication device and falsely impersonating a police officer.

One of Jeremy’s employees, Randall Allyn Brocius, was also arrested and hit with an open display of a firearm charge.

Between February of 2019 and September of 2019 Jeremy Dewitte appeared to be unstoppable. He dodged prison time in February for failing to register as a sex offender and for violating his community control.

His company Metro-State Special Services had expanded from a funeral escort business to an ambulance company and it was even offering tow truck services. However his luck seemed to end when he was arrested that September day during a funeral procession.

On Friday the 13th Jeremy Dewitte and Amir Ladan sat down with Windermere Police Detective John Allen who was overseeing the matter. As a former investigator in the 2011 Casey Anthony case this would not have been Detective Allen’s first time interviewing a complex character.

During Jeremy’s taped interview Detective Allen asked pointed questions about his criminal past. Jeremy Dewitte claimed he hadn’t been in trouble in over 10 years.

When Detective Allen asked him again if he had been in trouble with law enforcement in the last 10 years Jeremy recanted and said he had been in trouble but only because Jennifer, his ex-girlfriend, got him into trouble. Jeremy Dewitte didn’t appear to admit his role in the trouble which was his failure to register two online accounts before he ever knew Jennifer.

Detective John Allen asked Jeremy Dewitte about a June 2019 arrest in Chicago, Illinois. According to body cam footage from Chicago police officers Jeremy Dewitte and his wife Rania Dewitte were visiting the area in a rented Airbnb apartment. A witness contacted police and stated Jeremy was throwing metal chairs from the balcony of the sixth floor apartment.

These metal chairs were thrown, according to Jeremy Dewitte, as a way to get the attention of a tow truck driver who was ordered to tow Jeremy’s rental car. This was ironic considering Jeremy Dewitte had recently expanded Metro-State Special Services to include tow truck services.

Rania Dewitte went downstairs to speak to the tow truck driver and Jeremy Dewitte stayed inside and threw six metal chairs off of the balcony.

During this commotion Jeremy met with Chicago police officers and stated on police body camera he was a police officer and a “federal state agent.” He was arrested shortly thereafter, released on his own recognizance and given a court date.

When Detective John Allen asked Jeremy Dewitte about this arrest Jeremy claimed he hadn’t been arrested, he was never released on his own recognizance, nor was there a court date. 

Seeming increasingly defensive Jeremy Dewitte asked what any of his prior troubles had to do with his complaint against the officer in Windermere. Detective Allen stated his credibility was an important part of the investigation.

What Jeremy Dewitte didn’t know was every part of his past had already been looked over with a fine-tooth comb. Law enforcement already knew about his trouble in Orlando with Jennifer and his arrest in Chicago.

Shortly after his interview, someone from Jeremy Dewitte’s past would be interviewed by Detective John Allen and Orange County Sheriff’s Office Corporal John A. Ramsey.