Jeremy Dewitte currently has 10 pending felony cases in the Ninth Judicial Circuit, nine in Orange County. The felony cases include charges of impersonating a police officer, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful interception of wire or oral communication. Each charge is a third degree felony in the state of Florida.
Assistant State Attorney Steven Casey Miller is one of the attorney’s assigned to prosecute Jeremy Dewitte in 2020. Steven Casey Miller also has the bulk of Jeremy Dewitte’s cases.
Miller was admitted to the Florida Bar on September 25, 2013. He’s had no disciplinary actions taken against him since he was admitted.
Steven Casey Miller is assigned to the following Jeremy Dewitte cases:
- 2020-CF-2039: Falsely impersonating a police officer. Victim: Stephen
- 2020-CF-1977: Falsely impersonating a police officer. Victim: Jerome. Co-defendant: Dylan Vogt (Jeremy Dewitte’s younger brother)
- 2020-CF-1974: Falsely impersonating a police officer. Victim: State of Florida. Co-defendant: Randall Brocius
- 2020-CF-1853: Unlawful interception of wire or oral communication (2 counts). Victims: Lauren and Gregory
- 2019-CF-15056: Unlawful interception of wire or oral communication (3 counts). Victim: Heather
- 2019-CF-15055: Falsely impersonating a police officer and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (2 counts). Victims: Deputy Mohney and his wife
- 2019-CF-12733: Falsely impersonating a police officer, resisting an officer without violence and reckless driving. Victim: State of Florida
Assistant State Attorney Merrilyn Hoenemeyer is also assigned to two of Jeremy Dewitte’s felony cases. Hoenemeyer was admitted to the Florida Bar on September 21, 2016.
- 2020-CF-2415: Falsely impersonating a police officer and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Victim: Kevin.
- 2020-CF-2414: Falsely impersonating a police officer. Victim: Daniel.
John V. Scatuorchio is an associate attorney with The Ladan Law Firm and he has been assigned to Jeremy Dewitte’s false impersonation case in Osceola County. Scatuorchio was admitted to the Florida Bar on May 18, 2018.
Jeremy Dewitte’s current defense attorney is Amir Ladan. Amir Ladan was admitted to the Florida Bar on April 23, 1998, the same year Jeremy Dewitte was arrested for impersonating a police officer and stealing gas from a Mobil gas station.
Amir Ladan has been the Dewitte-Vogt family attorney for years. In a recorded jail call to his wife Rania, Jeremy Dewitte claims Amir has assured him the Windermere case isn’t going to be filed with the State.
In March 2019 Jeremy Dewitte’s ex, Jennifer, sent an email to a supervisor at the State Attorney’s Office. She claimed there was inappropriate behavior between Amir Ladan and assistant state attorney Tatiana Cordner while the case was open.
These accusations were made after Jeremy Dewitte was given a downward departure of 30 days in jail instead of the recommended 5 years in prison after he violated his community control.
Jennifer attached a document showing Amir Ladan and Tatiana Cordner’s online friendship.
It is puzzling why Jeremy Dewitte believed his defense attorney could make his charges go away or why Amir Ladan believed the State wouldn’t move forward with the first police impersonation case.
As of April 4, 2020 Steven Casey Miller, Merrilyn Hoenemeyer and the State of Florida have not offered Jeremy Dewitte a plea deal and his nine felony cases in Orange County are still open.